CONNECT to see the most up-to-date list of immediate opportunities and needs
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE
There are a number of ways to contribute directly to the success of Restoration Rome and bring hope to our foster care community through volunteer service. We are happy to coordinate service times for individuals and groups, as well as church- or business-wide work days.
- Hope Chest Donation Processing Center
- Light Construction and Demolition
- Landscaping and Yardwork
- After School Enrichment Classes and Tutoring
- Childcare and Meals for Foster Parent Meetings and Parenting Classes*
OPPORTUNITIES TO PROVIDE
Restoration Rome operates the Hope Chest with clothing and supplies for foster families and families in need. We are always in need of gently used kids clothing, infant care items, and safety equipment and supplies for new foster homes. General needs for donated goods include:
- Clothing and New Underwear
- Seasonal Donation Collections
- Infant Clothing and Care
- Foster Home Safety and First Aid Supplies
OPPORTUNITIES TO GIVE
Whether through local mission support, project sponsorship, or special offering, financial support directly impacts the success and sustainability of Restoration Rome. Your gifts create the opportunity for hope for every child in Floyd County.
OPPORTUNITIES TO BE THE SOLUTION
There are several opportunities for your congregation and your members to move beyond support and actually become a part of the solution to the foster care crisis in our community. For more information on any of the following programs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Become a Foster Parent
- Become a Mentoring Family for a young adult aging out of foster care
- Organize or be a part of a “Live the Promise” Care Community
- Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate
- Host a Foster Parent Morning/Night Out*
OPPORTUNITIES TO CONNECT
- Become a Partner on Our Website and List Restoration Rome on Yours
- Like Restoration Rome on facebook and share posts with your social media network
- Join Us or Be a Host for Restoration Rome Event
- Monthly Foster Parent Night/Day Out: A church can serve by hosting a 3 hour childcare event that gives our foster, adoptive, and kinship care families a break. A church is able to choose the day/time of the event and the programming offered. This could range from VBS-like programming to simple playtime and could include a light meal or snack. Restoration Rome sends out invitations and collects RSVPs for the hosting church. Background checks are required for event leaders and at the discretion of the host church for other supervised volunteers. There are generally 20-30 children of all ages in attendance.
- Meal and/or childcare provision for a monthly foster parent association meeting: Our foster parents have a 2.5hr training meeting each month at Restoration Rome on the first Monday of each month from 6-8:30pm. Churches, small groups, or community organizations have the opportunity to show appreciation to our foster families by providing the meal for this event. Childcare for these meetings is also a need, so a group could decide to provide both meal and childcare or one or the other. There are generally about 50 folks including children and adults in attendance.
- Hospitality for weekly Parenting Classes or Meal for graduation: Birth parents working to reunify with their children engage in a 12-week parent class series. A church or small group can encourage and support their efforts by providing light snacks for one or more meetings or a celebratory meal for graduation. There are approximately 25 participants each week.
- Quarterly Appreciation for Service Providers: Our Service providers, such as DFCS and Private Foster Agency staff, need encouragement as they work day in and out in difficult and dark circumstances. Churches are invited to lift these folks in prayer and provide some appreciation/encouragement through cards, a tray of cookies, hand-picked flowers for the office, etc. – any little, inexpensive thing that conveys thoughtfulness and thanks.