Floyd County Day Camp Coordinator
Three Circles Foundation Mission: to empower and equip youth from hard places to cultivate purposeful relationships with Jesus Christ, community, and the earth.
Job Description: This is a part-time position. The main responsibility is to coordinate and direct 10 monthly day camps March through December. You are required to be present to personally coordinate each monthly camp day. The four mainstays of our Day Camps are 1) Community Service 2) Bible Teaching/Storytelling 3) Life Skills Activities and 4) Adventure.
You will engage in ministry development year-round with a more focused effort during the months of November through February. The term ministry development refers to fundraising, relationship building (with youth/families/financial partners/community partners and volunteers), program improvement, volunteer training, and facilities preparation for camp. Half of the camps will be “regular” camps. The other camps will be “fun or half-day” camps.
A Typical Camp Day: Requires the continual development and coordination of the following teams or volunteers:
- Food Provision: snacks/hydration through the day, lunch and afternoon birthday cake/ice cream.
- Bible Team: delivering a morning devotional, an after lunch lesson, small groups at the end of the day.
- Afternoon Life Skills Leaders: anywhere from 4-6 different groups teaching different skills and activities.
- Games Team: team-building games for the afternoon.
- Community Projects (Foot washing) Teams: This will involve coordinating with the disability ramp ministry and other team leaders and possibly buying/delivering materials to job sites prior to the camp day.
- Helping to facilitate a reasonably safe experience for all campers and volunteers.
- Contacting camper guardians in a timely manner (1-2 weeks) prior to each camp. Communicating with volunteers 2-3 weeks prior to each camp.
- Coordinating transportation of campers to and from camp.
- Recruiting prospective campers and showing them and their caregivers around camp and/or visiting them at their homes.
- Completing a camp report each month
- Completing a record of service hours and mileage each month.
- Keep all camper personal information confidential.
- Occasionally speak at a public speaking opportunity.
- Occasionally man a booth at a conference.
You are encouraged to:
- Be intentional about connecting a camper/family to a volunteer mentor.
- Be involved with interviewing/orienting and coordinating new camp volunteers.
- Be an advocate in the community for Jesus Christ and the campers.
- Share honest feedback, generate ideas/projects that further our mission.
-Excellent communicator and organizer
-Able to network with other organizations/individuals
-Team-oriented, able to delegate tasks, teach/coach volunteers well
-Good speaking and writing skills
-Experience working with at-risk youth
-Trust Based Relationship Intervention (TBRI) trained or willing to get trained
-Humble, but decisive leadership skills
-Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
This is a very flexible job. There are no certain hours, but you are expected to spend 10-12 hours per week specifically focused on this job. The blessings you will receive from this job are immense.
Salary: $12,000 yearly
Three Circles Foundation